Brief detail of my story

Recently went on the land convoy for Gaza from London last mid-April. Thank you to all that helped me to go on this dream of mine, whether it was financial support or emotional support. And a huge thank you to one of my best friends who agreed to come on this trip with me & I couldn't have done it without him. Even though we sadly were not able to enter Gaza due to Egypt stopping us and wanting us to hand our aid and vehicles to Israel, all the wonderful people I met on the convoy will never stop until the Palestinians are free. We will never forget them. Thesis is in process right now :)

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

We will not be defeated

Im sad to report that the aid convoy literally filled with huge amounts of medical aid from everywhere around the world with generous donations, driven all the way from the UK more then a month ago through 12 countries has been denied entry into Gaza. This proves that land convoys must continue and activists must keep pushing to make sure that the siege will be broken! The battle is not over and even though we leave heartbroken, our spirits remain stronger then ever and we will keep on.

To those who have supported me personally, thank you for everything! The aid and vehicles will be distributed to Palestinian refugees in the region and are in good hands. I am now in Cairo trying to personally meet the NGO I was going to meet in Gaza so hopefully we can meet somewhere in the middle.

To the organizers of VP6, thank you for allowing me to join your convoy, taking good care of us and for doing everything in your power to help us on this mission. I can't wait for the news of the next land convoy to Gaza. We will never give up and we will break this siege!

To my fellow convoyers who are now like my new family, I miss you greatly and I am sure our paths will cross again. It was a privilege traveling with all of you. Will be waiting for you all to come to Malaysia :D

No comments:

Post a Comment